I totally missed checking in last week, so this covers the past two weeks. But even though it covers two weeks, I still only read one book! It's been a little slow going recently. I finished Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han, which I mentioned I was reading in my last check-in. Usually I read one or two books a week, so this is pretty slow for me! I started a new tv show and podcast, and also downloaded a new video game, so that might have something to do with it...
In this book, Lara Jean is grappling with going to college and possibly being further away from Peter, and if their relationship will be able to last. They're getting a lot of conflicting advice from friends and family, saying it's not good to start college while dating somebody because then you don't get the "real" freshman experience. I'll be honest, I liked this one the least out of the three, I found the ending unsatisfying. But also in general I found this book the least relatable. This one really felt like a teen high school romance, much more than the other two did, even though all three are. I guess I'm just a little old for this book, I'm not the target demographic. Overall it was pretty good, I liked it pretty well, I just think I would have liked it more if I were in high school. But who knows. In high school I hated romance, so it's hard to say.
I'm still working on reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (and I'm loving it!) and I also started Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia. I'm nearly done with both, so next week's check in should be a little longer.
As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.
In this book, Lara Jean is grappling with going to college and possibly being further away from Peter, and if their relationship will be able to last. They're getting a lot of conflicting advice from friends and family, saying it's not good to start college while dating somebody because then you don't get the "real" freshman experience. I'll be honest, I liked this one the least out of the three, I found the ending unsatisfying. But also in general I found this book the least relatable. This one really felt like a teen high school romance, much more than the other two did, even though all three are. I guess I'm just a little old for this book, I'm not the target demographic. Overall it was pretty good, I liked it pretty well, I just think I would have liked it more if I were in high school. But who knows. In high school I hated romance, so it's hard to say.
I'm still working on reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (and I'm loving it!) and I also started Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia. I'm nearly done with both, so next week's check in should be a little longer.

As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.

No comments:
Post a Comment