This week I read The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, which I mentioned in my last check-in.

Review below the cut!
I had a lot of fun with this book! I call books like this “potato chip books.” They’re not super nutritious, but they’re a ton of fun to read and you can’t put them down! This one is a thriller: it begins switching between the perspective of a fiancee, the new wife, and the old ex-wife who is very upset about her replacement and seems like in her jealousy she might do something dangerous. This book was twisty as fuck! I couldn’t believe how different the story was when the perspective shifted. It was really a fun ride the whole way through. I thought the ending was just the teensiest bit cliche, with all the different threads of the story magically being wrapped up very quickly in the last chapter or two. But I still had a lot of fun! This isn’t necessarily super novel, or amazing, or cool representation, which is why it’s a just a potato chip book. But I still love potato chips 😉
I give this book 4/5 stars! A fun read!
I also started two new books! Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli is kind of weird, I’m almost halfway through it but it feels like it takes a while to read which is why I started a second book that should be quicker. Lalani of the Distant Sea by Erin Entrada Kelly which is a kids book and should be a little more fast paced so I have something to talk about next Sunday even if I don’t finish Lost Children Archive 😊

(fun double orange cover! they match!)
As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.
No comments:
Post a Comment