This week I read (listened to) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I had never actually read this one before, despite loving the 2005 movie adaptation!

Like I mentioned in my last check in, I’ve been listening to more audiobooks at work, especially classics that I might have a hard time actually getting through.
Thoughts below the cut!
Last year I read an adaptation of P&P (despite not having read the original), Unmarriageable by Soniah Kamal. It’s set in modern day Pakistan, where in some ways the culture is similar to in Jane Austen’s time, where marriage is the way women can gain success for their futures. I really loved that adaptation, and highly recommend it to anybody who likes P&P.
I’d give Pride and Prejudice 4/5 stars. I’m not huge on older books, but all the adaptations from this one really makes it worth it.
I’m still reading The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin (I know it’s been kind of slow going).

As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.
No comments:
Post a Comment