This week I was doing a bit more work from home so I had less time to
read. I only read 4 books. They were all 4 of the Protector of the
Small quartet (First Test, Page, Squire, and Lady Knight) by Tamora
Pierce. I read like 2 chapters of A Darker Shade of Magic, I got
distracted by Kel. Like I mentioned in my last check in, the Protector of the Small quartet is my favorite.
I love Keladry of Mindelan. Her dedication, her commitment to helping people when she sees something wrong happening. She’s so good! I love the involvement of other cultures that expands in this book. The other series in Tortall sometimes involve other cultures, but I like that because Kel grew up in the Yamani Islands, she has a lot of the culture. I do think it would be nice instead of just being a white girl who was raised with the culture, it would have been nice if she were Yamani herself. But that opens up a whole thing of how she would be able to become a page in Tortall. Maybe if she were half Yamani, her father still a Tortallan Baron but her mother Yamani. I think that would’ve added an extra layer to the story, made it more interesting.
I’m now onto the next series of the Tortall stories: Trickster’s Choice (by Tamora Pierce). I am technically still reading A Darker Shade of Magic. I plan to get there sooner or later, but the first two chapters didn’t pull me in that much and I’ve been really seeking distractions from all the stress, so I put it aside for now. I’ll probably work on it some more this week.
As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.
I love Keladry of Mindelan. Her dedication, her commitment to helping people when she sees something wrong happening. She’s so good! I love the involvement of other cultures that expands in this book. The other series in Tortall sometimes involve other cultures, but I like that because Kel grew up in the Yamani Islands, she has a lot of the culture. I do think it would be nice instead of just being a white girl who was raised with the culture, it would have been nice if she were Yamani herself. But that opens up a whole thing of how she would be able to become a page in Tortall. Maybe if she were half Yamani, her father still a Tortallan Baron but her mother Yamani. I think that would’ve added an extra layer to the story, made it more interesting.
I’m now onto the next series of the Tortall stories: Trickster’s Choice (by Tamora Pierce). I am technically still reading A Darker Shade of Magic. I plan to get there sooner or later, but the first two chapters didn’t pull me in that much and I’ve been really seeking distractions from all the stress, so I put it aside for now. I’ll probably work on it some more this week.
As always, you can see all the books I’ve read on my reading list.
No comments:
Post a Comment